I'm often ask about the difference of doing a session at my studio or at your home. I prefer to do newborn session at my studio as I have everything I need at my hand, however I will like to mention some differences which may help your decision.
- For In home session, I bring with me some props just a few selection between buckets, wood box, posing pod, round little posing bean, rectangle trays, furs, blankets. I do not bring the wood nest or the bean bag because they are huge and heavy. However I try to simulate the bean bag with a sofa or a bed at your place... of course the results tend to be a little unpredictable.
- At my studio I have everything on display so you can go around and select with my help. Of course the Bean Bag and wood nest will be here.
- You might have the best light in your apartment, but New York is New York.. and when it gets too cloudy, light can be tricky. So yes I do bring one light with me just in case and I have to say is huge and will need space!
- My studio is warm and nice, it has enough space for me to move around and everything I need. So you will seat comfortably and watch me in action!
- At your home I need you to keep the place warm, most probably I will ask you to move some of your furniture to get enough space and transform a corner of your house into a studio. Promise I will help you clean up later!
- Session won't last more than 3 hours as parents, clients and photographer... we all get tired. When I have to come and set up, it significantly cuts into our shooting time as set up might take around half hour. At my home studio everything is ready!
It will always be your decision and I will be happy to do it at my studio or at your place and what is more important in both places I ensure the best photographic quality!
Here are ome pics from my studio!
See you next time.